- Deadline for reservations for Sat evening meal will be accepted until Aug 24, 2013. Catered by Rudy's BBQ
- "Special discount hotel rates for Fair at New Boston Participants at five nearby hotels. Must call to make reservation and identify yourself as a Fair at New Boston Participant.....
- Red Roof Inn 937-325-5356
- NO PETS ALL WEEKEND ON THE FIELD
- Education day is Friday from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. No vehicles on field during this time.
Notice to Education Day Demonstrators and Entertainers.
*Education Day activities begin at 9 a.m August 31, and last until 2 p.m. Please be at your assigned location at that time ready to demonstrate or entertain. There will be approx. 1300 plus students for education day this year.
*If any of you are willing to volunteer for the program, without payment, or come for a reduced compensation, please let us know.
GRCHA greatly appreciates your cooperation in this matter.
- Notice to Fair Volunteers & GRCHA Members. There is a $25 refundable deposit on all borrowed costumes. No costumes will be checked out after Aug 30th.
Please participate in the opening ceremony. Line up in front of Littlejohn’s Tavern at 10 a.m. We will parade to the Fairmaster’s Tent.
Merchants will be juried after setup and issued a Suttler’s license for display. Please do not sell or display period inappropriate items.
First aid kits and radios at each tavern. Red Cross tent located at the Hertzler House and emergency squad located at the Gathering House during the day. Park rangers on duty at night.
Ice coupons redeemable at the taverns during open hours bring a cover for the ice for authenticity.
Hay for animals available at the Gathering House. Straw available for inclement weather. Make sure you know the difference.
Beginning Saturday at 9 a.m. through Sunday at 6 p.m., we are in the 1790-1812 era. NO visitors in non period clothing during the evening activities, no pets. Please make sure all clothing and accoutrements reflect this. Keep 21stcentury items out of site.
No modern vehicles on field during between 9 a.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday, without approval of the Fairmaster.
- Children under the age of 16 must be under supervision of a registered adult at all times.
Participant dinner at 6:30 Saturday—prepay only. Period appropriate attire and eating utensils only.
A dance will be held Saturday night after dinner—period attire required.
Gathering house hours on Saturday are 8 to 10 a.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and after 4.p.m. for costume turn in. The building is closed to the public at other times.
Lost and found at Fairmaster’s Tent.
The taverns operated by the GRCHA are the only entity allowed to serve alcohol.