Please read the Rules of Participation
Registration Desk Schedule
Wednesday – 1 PM – 12 midnight
Thursday – 9 AM – 12 midnight
Friday – 10 AM – 12 midnight
NOTE: No set up on field during Education Day hours.
Saturday – 8 AM – 10 AM, then go to the gift shop
Sunday – go to the gift shop
EDUCATION DAYNotice to Education Day Demonstrators and Entertainers
- Education day is Friday from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. No vehicles on field during this time.
- Please be at your assigned location ready to demonstrate or entertain. Last year there were over 1,300 students for Education Day. Attendance varies from year to year. GRCHA greatly appreciates your cooperation in this matter.
DURING THE FAIR
- NO PETS ALL WEEKEND.
- During the fair Wi-Fi will be available around the Gathering House Area, in the designated Wi-Fi/Cellular Zone. This area provides for the best reception. Please refrain from usage of cellular phones or computers on the field.
- Children under the age of 16 must be under supervision of a registered adult at all times.
- Breakfast can be purchased at beginning at 7 a.m.
- Please participate in the opening ceremony. Line up in front of Littlejohn’s Tavern at 10 a.m. We will parade to the Fairmaster’s Tent.
- Closing Ceremony - All are expected to participate!
- NO TEAR DOWN BEFORE 6 P.M. SUNDAY!
- Gathering house hours on Saturday are 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and after 4.p.m. for costume turn in. The building is closed to the public at other times.
- Lost and found is at Coffee House.
- The taverns operated by the GRCHA are the only entities allowed to serve alcohol.
- Merchants will be juried after setup and issued a Suttler’s license for display. Please do not sell or display period inappropriate items.
- First aid kits and radios are at each tavern. The Red Cross tent is located at the Hertzler House and an emergency squad is located at the Gathering House during the day. Park rangers are on duty at night.
- Ice coupons are redeemable at the taverns during open hours. Bring a cover for the ice for authenticity.
- Hay for animals is available at the Gathering House. Straw is available for inclement weather. Make sure you know the difference.
- Beginning Saturday at 9 a.m. through Sunday at 6 p.m., we are in the 1790-1810 era. NO visitors in non period clothing during the evening activities; no pets. Please make sure all clothing and accoutrements reflect this. Keep 21st century items out of sight. NO ONE ON FIELD IN MODERN ATTIRE!
- No modern vehicles on field during between 9 a.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Sunday, without approval of the Fairmaster.
- Participant dinner is at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday—prepay only. Period appropriate attire and eating utensils only.
- A dance will be held Saturday night after dinner—period attire required.